The Joester Loria Group recently partnered our client The World of Eric Carle with StoryToys, a leading publisher of entertaining, engaging and educational apps for children, to create the My Very Hungry Caterpillar app. Since debuting in October, the app has received numerous accolades including the 2015 BolognaRagazzi Digital Award and an Appy Award nomination in the Games: Educational/Family/Kids category.
Check out these fun facts that demonstrate the My Very Hungry Caterpillar app’s continued popularity:
· There have been an average of 8,000 play sessions per day, with 1.3 million play sessions in total.
· It takes three seconds for the Very Hungry Caterpillar to eat a single fruit. On average, five pieces of fruit are eaten per session, that’s 40,000 pieces of fruit a day.
· In total, 6.9 million pieces of fruit have been eaten. That’s the equivalent of 13,228 lbs of apples.
· A piece of fruit is eaten on average every two seconds. In a year, our Very Hungry Caterpillar will eat the equivalent of 1/8th of the world’s production of apples.
· Since December 4, 96,500 butterflies have been created, which is an average of 665 per day.
· 2,040 butterflies were created on March 22nd, Very Hungry Caterpillar Day. That’s a new butterfly every 42 seconds.
· Average lifetime minutes in the app per user is 138 minutes vs. an industry average of 20 minutes.
· The average lifetime play session is 12 minutes vs. the industry average of 2.5 minutes
My Very Hungry Caterpillar is a virtual character app that lets children nurture, care for and play with their very own Very Hungry Caterpillar. The 3D animation captures the unique style of Eric Carle’s award-winning art, delivering a wonderful experience for the millions of fans of the best-selling classic children’s book, first published 46 years ago. My Very Hungry Caterpillar is available in the App Store, globally priced at $3.99
As the exclusive brand licensing agency for The World of Eric Carle, this highly successful app is just one piece of the extensive, multicategory licensing program The Joester Loria Group has developed on behalf of our client.