Earlier this month the home and housewares industry gathered at McCormick Place in Chicago for the 2014 International Home + Housewares Show, the world’s largest marketplace of home goods. Approximately 60,000 industry professionals attended the annual event to check out the latest trends.
At this year’s show the International Housewares Association partnered with Licensing Expo for the first time in a collaboration that will help cross promote these two interconnected trade shows. Housewares is an important category for the licensing industry and this exciting new partnership will be beneficial to attendees of both events. A special panel featuring speakers from License! Global, Licensing Expo and The Food Network highlighted the interdependence of two industries.
Many major homewares licensees attended the event and showed off their latest brand extensions and partnerships. Some of the key licensed products on display at the show included:
- -JLG client, Fabio Viviani debuting a line of serving and prepware produced by Picnic TIme
- -Tabletops Unlimited unveiled new items under the Kellogg’s tabletop program
- -ICUP presented Pepsi and Mountain Dew beverage ware
- -A new line of pet products from Kathy Ireland
- -A new pressure oven from celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck
- -A wide range kitchen tools and cookware under the HSN umbrella from a slew of celebrity chefs including Ming Tsai and Lorena Garcia.
- -The Cookware Company and Füri have teamed up with country music superstar Trisha Yearwood for a line of non-stick cookware, cutlery and gadgets.
- -Conde Nast is extending their Epicurious brand into cookware, accessories, tools and gadgets.
- -Meanwhile, rival publisher Bonnier Corp. is expanding their Saveur brand into the Saveur Selects collection of cookware and kitchen appliances.
- -Food & Wine is also introducing licensed products with new dinnerware, flatware, glassware and bakeware.
- -Meyer is extending Cake Boss and Rachael Ray products with collections for younger consumers .